I have to be honest and say that the first few days here I was not very excited and started to question why I had even come. There is so much corruption and darkness. Then I met these sweet faces.
They are why I am here! These are a few of the children from House of Hope. There are 14 in all and all except two have HIV/AIDS. Six of my teammates and I have the privilege of working with these amazing small ones four days a week. The first day we met, there was not a dry eye to be found. In fact, when I came home the first night and told Tim about the experience I wept more. It is a hard thing to reconcile the fact that they are so sick and so rejected, and yet so innocent and helpless. I am learning more and more that we live in a fallen world where we face an enemy who comes to steal, kill, and destroy. However, I choose to focus on the fact that we serve a Father who is so much greater and who loves justice and freedom. He loves these children so much more than I could ever begin to comprehend. He weeps for them as I do, and longs for them to know His love and protection. And He has allowed us to be those things for Him during this time. What an honor! I look forward to sharing some of their stories with you over the next few weeks.
Hey Kasey! I'm so glad I checked your blog this morning. What a precious picture! I know these children will see the love of Jesus in your actions, words and hands on tasks each day that you are with them. We love you and are praying for you and Tim. Love, Connie
ReplyDeleteWhat a hard, but good place to go to everyday. You will know what Henri Nouwen experienced in a way that I do not know. The depth of pain corresponds with the depth of love that God gives you for these children. Hope and love to you and Tim.
ReplyDelete