Thursday, July 9, 2009

Please pray for Ganesh



We wanted to introduce you to Ganesh. He is one of the children at House of Hope. Ganesh is a very sick boy and needs your prayers. He has been on AIDS treatment for about four years now. He has recently developed pneumonia. I (Kasey) was able to go with him to the "hospital" this week and they wanted to admit him. He was so upset because we were supposed to have a big birthday party for Frank (the family we are working with) that night and he really wanted to go. This is a huge event for them, one of the only things they get to experience outside of the house and school. The staff agreed to let him go and to bring him back to be admited the next day. Our team does not work on Thursday so we had no contact with anyone. When we arrived at the school this morning I asked how he was and the head staff told me they did not take him back to the hospital because he did not want to go and because he promised to eat and smile. Did I mention that he has pneumonia?! I tried to explain how serious this is and that he has to have medicine and treatment. She promised that he would be taken back today. This is just the way things happen here. I may have to go again myself to make sure. Please pray for healing. He is very weak and has no desire to eat or drink. Please pray for good communication and patience. I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, Thanks for letting us know. We are also walking with another lady who just had one of her kids die and she is torn up about it, so I really feel what you are writing and pray that healing would come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tim and Kasey!! Sorry I haven't been in your loop yet. I have been somewhat self consumed lately with the whole new family member but I have been trying to keep up through Jimmy. Well, thats not enough and I am looking forward to keeping up myself now. I miss you guys so much. Your presence is missed around here and we look forward to reuniting one day. Your accomodations in India make our African pad a palace!! Knowing you, you will make the best of it and make lemonade.... We love you very much!!! Gayla

    ReplyDelete