Our process here takes a little longer. We have 3 buckets (1 for washing and 2 for rinsing) and a plunger (it isn't used in the bathroom) to agitate the clothes. Our clothes have been stretched out (not a bad thing, I think I've gained weight here) and they never feel clean. I'm not sure what I (Tim) was reacting to in this picture, but it gives you an idea of what the process looks like:
Drying our clothes during monsoon is difficult as it rains almost everyday. We try to wring out our clothes, but when the humidity is 90 - 100% with no sun they don't dry quickly.
We've had to rewash several items that didn't dry overnight as mildew had set in. One shirt actually had mold growing on it the next day because it was still wet. We strung rope around our room so we can utilize our ceiling fan to help dry the clothes. It makes navigating through our jungle bungalow a little difficult, but it's part of our adventure here!
So when you walk by your washer or dryer today, think of us and say a quick little prayer! Pray for good health for our team and that we would have more compassion for those we serve. We get to leave these conditions in a few short weeks, they live it everyday.
Wow, that is different! I'm so thankful now for my washer and dryer!!
ReplyDelete